D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott in the King's Forest

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Elliott in the King's Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Elliott in the King's Forest

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Elliott shrugs, "I thought the whole tower was filled with books anyway. Are there any levels that are more exciting or stimulating to conversation than others?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:26 pm

(Zach may correct me on this but I think every level just contains books)

"I'm afriad not, this entire tower contains book shelves on top of book shelves. However this is one place." She thinks for a moment and the group teleports to a table hidden. Surrounded by book shelves to create four walls around it. Hot tea sits on the table. "We can talk here if you like?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 pm

(I think they did too, but Elliott doesn't know that. I'm pretty sure he said that 1-30 are books, 31-39 are trophies and treasures from her travels, and 40 is her personal quarters. I don't think Elliott would be allowed in the trophy rooms, even though they would be the most interesting to him.)

Elliott takes off his swords, leans them on the table, and takes a seat. "This will do well. It certainly beats having to walk back through the forest. Have you written any of these books?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Layla looks around the shelves at the massive amounts of books on the walls. "No, this tower alone is devoted to just the books that have been written by dorvalia. I have written a few of my own books. But they are all back on my plane. She continues looking around at the books for a few more seconds before locking eyes with you again. "So what have you accomplished in this time?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:25 am

Elliott suddenly feels threatened by her question. Perhaps it was her suddenly intense gaze or the fact that she just waved her own plane in his face. Elliott straightens up a bit, "I mastered the Diamond Mind discipline. I figured my body was just about at its pinnacle that the only way for me to get better was to strengthen my mind. It has worked really well for me. I'm just as strong, but much faster than before. What's your plane like? Any instruments, or just books?" He leans forward and pours some tea for himself with two sugar cubes and makes a gesture for whether the other two wanted some.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:05 am

Layla now straightens up again and shows intrigue in the fact that you have strengthend your mind. "I see you are more skilled then the average brute then." She takes a moment to glance at Carly. "As for my plane I can show it to you, if you like?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:22 am

Elliott takes a deep drink of the tea. "That sounds very interesting." He reattaches his swords to his back and extends his hand.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 am

(like his whole hand? That's never happened)

She grabs your hand and extends her hand to Carly as well. In an instant you are covered in a purple light and you appear in the air above a castle but do not fall down. "The gravity here allows you to levitate and fly at will." She flys down toward the castle. On the outside you see that there is a small island covered surrounded by water on all sides (it's not a very big plane) The castle its self looks to be made out of adamant walls and has a very large courtyard in the center. It the middle of the courtyard sits a small casibo that holds a lute. There are giant stain glass windows along the castle that let you see into five of the eight rooms. The first room is a small welcoming room where people can take off coats and shoes. ect. The second room is a type of lounge room with a piano and sun light. The third room contains a mix of several different instruments and pages of music (i'm not a musician but it's a music room) The fourth room is a massive library containing shelves of books. And the fifth room contained different places to put trophies. But the room had very few trophies in it.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:55 pm

(Yep, the whole thing.)

Elliott flies behind Layla and looks at the castle. It was certainly a work of architectural art, though not much of a fortress if it were to ever come under attack. What's the point of adamant walls with large windows that can be broken and breached with siege ladders? Elliott looks in the trophy room, trying to see what adventures Layla might have been up to the past few millenia.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:57 pm

The trophy room seems to be mostly empty containing just a few trophies. Including a chalice full of blood, a pair of wings, and a huge sized book.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Elliott is disappointed in the trophies. She might as well put all her accomplishments in a closet. He flies around the castle a few times to admire the structure. He focuses really hard and tries to see how fast he can get himself to spin in the air.

(I'm guessing that's a) Concentration check: +12 (nat 20 = 32)

He thinks this may have been a bad idea.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:33 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 pm

(roll a constitution check)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 am

Con check +6.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 am

You spin faster then you have ever seen anything move. You pause for a moment after spinning and manage to hold back puke. Carly laughs as you look woozy, Layla just looks at you and shakes her head. Hiding the fact that she did the same thing.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Elliott floats uneasily down to the courtyard where he sits down for a moment. That was fun. He felt sort of childish inside that mithral banded mail. Who doesn't revert to a childish state when they can fly like in a dream? "Hey Layla, is it possible to get a large scale flying spell like this back on Faerun?" He thinks how cool it would be to have a training room in his guild hall with 0 gravity.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Layla thinks for a moment. She flys around a little a looks over her plane before landing again and talking to you. "I'm afraid I don't know of any way to create a large scale area on the material plane for this to work." She closes her eyes for a moment and lets out a slight smile. "But it would seem you would like this power for your future guild hall. So I will make you a deal. I have been bored recently with very little more to learn. So let me be an associate of the guild and I will allow them to use my plane as a training ground. Sound fair?" she raises an eyebrow at you curious to see what you think about the idea.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Elliott thinks about it. There were issues with the plan. He wondered if Layla would be okay with a permanent portal between the guild hall in Cormyr and her plane or some other system that would allow the transportation of his mercs quickly. It would expose her plane to a bit of danger from the outside world. If the king found them out out, he would undoubtedly try to conquer it however unlikely that was. Not like those Purple Dragon chumps could stand up to Elliott let alone if he had Carly and Layla at his back. The portal would need to have a neutralization failsafe just in case. He wouldn't want them training in 0 gravity all the time either or they'd get soft, so either the gravity would have to be normal sometimes or they just wouldn't use the plane very much. He wonders what kind of cut she would want for letting them use her plane. She was getting company and excitement, true, but money is always involved in business like this.

He just thinks these thoughts, assuming she was still reading his mind. "Did you get all that?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 am

Layla smiles. "Yes I did, And I promise I require no such sum of gold. All I wish in return for allowing access to my plane and my services if you should so require them. Is first any type of secret knowledge that the guild may acquire. And I believe that I have hidden away long enough. Now I would like for the world to know who I am. So I want to be recognized by the guild."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:16 am

Elliott is surprised. Years ago she was a hoarder with a lust for powerful magic items. Now he guesses she's just powerful enough to not need any items. "Sounds good to me. It's a deal. Now how will we transport men to and from this place?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 am

Layla closes her mind and thinks for a moment. "That is something that we would need a very powerful wizard for. I'm afraid even my knowledge of psionics can't do that. But I assume that finding someone to cast the spell shouldn't be to difficult."

(this may be due to change if I find out that psions do have this power, but I don't think they do.)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Elliott knows that a permanent portal couldn't be cheap. Also he'd want to protect it with a room made of adamantine or an impassable magical barrier. He'd almost have to build his own guild hall, and he knew he couldn't afford that yet. "I like the idea, but making it happen would take more money than I have. Didn't Barris say something about never running out of money again? What's he up to?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Layla crosses her arms and legs and slightly levitates into the air. "I wouldn't rely on him getting very much money. He's chasing a fools dream. The philosopher stone is said to turn any metal into pure gold. But it's all rumours. If you want a lot of gold quickly, I suggest killing a dragon. They usually seem to have a lot of gold on them." Carly puts her hand on her battleaxe and a smile spreads across her face. "Killing a dragon sounds like a great idea!"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Elliott feels a mischevious smile spread across his face involuntariy. A dragon. How had he not slain one of those before? "A dragon sounds like fun. Never killed one of those before. I'd like to get my hands on manuals for dragon slaying just to be on the safe side. Can you find us a dragon, Layla? And after we kill it, how do we find its horde?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next