D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The journey halted

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The journey halted Empty The journey halted

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 am

The caravan makes it into Dhedluk as the sun is going down that day. At the gate, there is an argument between the caravan owner and the guards over the 2 extra passengers. The caravan owner tells an elaborate sob story about his caravan saving you just in the nick of time before the magically enlarged dire-werewolves ate you. They reluctantly let you into the city, and one of the men from the caravan carries you from a cart to an inn just near the city gate. Aeryn pays a gold for the privelage and honor of sleeping on the floor of the bar area after the patrons left. You don't have to wait long as the city's kurfew is shortly after dusk, and the people drinking all leave. Aeryn spreads his blanket on the floor and crawls under it. "So this city is pretty cool. The entire thing is like a city in a fortress. How are you holding up?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

The journey halted Empty Re: The journey halted

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:28 am

Valor lied under the blanket and tried to get as cosy as possible. "Not too bad, I think I'll be able to move again soon. Won't that be great." He smiles, smiling wasn't nearly as painful now as it was earlier. "Let's not have any near death experience for awhile agreed?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Aeryn sighs, "Yeah, that sounds like a great plan. You know, a cleric told me one time that dying is hazardous to your health, and she is an expert you know." He pauses for a second. "The guards here look much more ready to deal with trouble than the guards in Waymoot. Maybe we can find something fun to do tomorrow and not get beat up for it. Goodnight."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Valor looks at him for a brief second "Goodnight Aeryn." He turns his head back and stares at the ceiling without falling asleep for awhile. Instead he thinks of the things he could do in the city. First he needed money, but his options for that were limited since he was still in bad shape. But he also felt awkward relying on Aeryn for everything. The different possibilities filled his head and eventually he succumb to sleep.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 pm

(you sleep through the night and gain 2 hp)

You wake up to a few people kneeling on the ground all around you in a small circle. They are all wearing blue robes with silver trim and a fist holding a lightning bolt embroidered on the front.  Three are wearing chainmail and carry longswords, two are wearing banded mail and carry greataxes, and one is just wearing the robe. One of them wearing banded mail with a greataxe speaks to you with a robust voice, "Greetings and good morning, sir. My name is Knight Valliant Paladin Macald Lomano. We at the temple of Heironeous were told by the city guard of wounded entering the city without aid for the night. We are ashamed for something of this nature to happen without our notice and aid. We would like to extend our apologies for the pain you've endured for the time we should have prevented it. All of us present feel accountable for the righting of our neglegence. Out of us present, whom would you allow to heal your wounds?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Valor looks around at all the people. This was certainly strange and he wasn't used to be surrounded by people when he woke up. But it was better then being woken up by wolves. And a free healing would be nice. He lifts his arm and points at the man with just a robe on and no weapons. "I would allow him to heal me, please." he puts his arm back down and starts looking around to see where Aeryn is.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 pm

The Heironeans looks to the man you pointed to with small amounts of distain. He, however, smiles, "I am not a healer, child. I am a monk of the Order of the Glory Everlasting. I am simply here on account of my order's creed to defend the defenseless." He looks to the others with a small degree of superiority and spite. "I alone arrived as soon as we were made aware of you, and I alone stood vigil over you and your friend as you slept. These here arrived after morning to tend to your wounds."

Your glance yields no sign of Aeryn.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Valor takes a deep breath he never liked monks very much thinking they were so superior with their martial art styles being so much better then everyone else's. But he was kind even past his arrogance. "Thank you for watching over me and my friend. Knight valliant Paladin Macald Lomano." Valor becomes slightly tongue tied trying to say all of that from memory. "If you would be so kind as to heal my wounds I would be very grateful." Valor looks around a bit more for Aeryn until he confirms that his friend wasn't there. "Also where is my friend that was sleeping beside me?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 am

Paladin Lomano reaches his hand forward and puts it on you, and you're healed for 5 hp. His brow furrows when your wounds aren't fully healed, "Huh, you must be more robust than I thought." He touches you again and heals you for 15 more hp. "Your friend had a cleric heal him, and he went off to help the innkeeper. Little guy was quite eager to find a job and make coin." The other Heironeans stand and leave, the monk says, "I like his attitude. He doesn't want life handed to him on a silver platter like some of the bums around here. He knows work, and he's cheerful going about it. He'd make a fine monk. Does he know how to fight?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:07 am

Valor sits up feeling much better now after his healing. "Thank you Paladin Lomano. That was very kind of you." He turns his gaze to the monk. "Yes, he can fight. But I don't think he'd like to be a monk that kind of life isn't for him." Valor sits still for a moment. If the monk tried to recruit Aeryn they were going to have a problem. But other problems came first. He needed to find a way to earn coin. "So you said my friend went to help the innkeeper. Do you know of any other work I could do?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 pm

The monk thinks for a good while. "I can think of none. The Churches of Heironeous and St. Cuthbert are completely self sufficient. No work there. The nobles only hire half-elves, elves, and humans as their butlers. I suppose your friend had a good idea working for an innkeeper. There's always something that needs cleaned or cooked in the Dhedluk inns. We're sort of a crossroads here, you see. Busy, busy place. Speaking of busy, I need to get back to the monastery. If you or your friend need help learning how to defend yourselves, give us a visit." He walks over and leans over the bar, "If you didn't hear that, you're welcome to come to the Order if you two need help learning how to defend yourselves." "Oh, um... Yeah, sure. I've always wanted to learn martial arts. My friend's a martial artist too, so I'm sure we'll be able to come by sometime!" The monk nods to you as he leaves.

(It's funny that Valor thinks Aeryn can fight. He's just gotten really good attack and damage rolls. He doesn't even have any class levels yet.)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 pm

(that awkward moment you get upstaged by a level 0...)

Valor stands up and watches the monk as he leaves and tries to hide an annoying glare at him.  He walks past the bar that Aeryn is behind.  "Aeryn I'm going to look for some work I'll be back later." He doesn't wait for a response he just continues out the door.  He determined that the best place for a halfling would be a caravan.  So he looks around town for a caravan that could use some hired help.

Search check: +1 (5)

Last edited by Valor on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 4

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 am

You walk outside into the morning sun looking for caravans. You see one headed out the gate toward Waymoot.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 am

A wave of pure sadness washes over Valor and he watches the caravan head out the way he just came in.  But that's life.  He decided to walk around and ask people if they knew anywhere that a halfling could find work.  Or anywhere to get easy money.

gather information: +0 (17)

Last edited by Valor on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 am

'd20' : 17

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:25 am

Many people that you talk to notice the high quality cooking gear you've got, and many advise you try to find work cooking in a restaurant or inn. Others notice your good health and suggest being a courier or delivery boy.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 am

Valor's eyes light up at the sound of being a cook at a restaurant.  He takes off to try and find one that is hiring a new cook.  But predicts that a halfling finding a job as a cook will be easier said then done.

search check: +1 (15)

Last edited by Valor on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 am

'd20' : 14

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:22 am

You run off to an inn and, after asking the innkeeper about jobs, he gets a patron ordering a plate of eggs over easy, sausage patties, and toast with butter. He says "Let me take ya back into the kitchen, and see if ya can fill this guy's order. Maybe then we can talk about getting ya a job." He shows you where all the foods are in the back and leans against a wall to watch you work.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:10 am

Valor gets a small crate and uses it to stand on so her can reach the stove. He finds two peices of bread and places them on a pan and places them in the oven. Then cracks two eggs and places two sausage patties on a pan to place on top of the stove. He takes out his own cooking tools to work with the sausage patties and eggs. After about two minutes he takes out the bread, flips them over and places them back in the oven. Then after another two minutes he takes them out and butters them. About a minute after that he takes the eggs and places them beside the toast on a plate, then cooks the sausage a little longer before adding them to the plate. He turns to the man watching him. "So how did I do?"

Cooking check: +4

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:10 am

'd20' : 9

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:09 am

The man doesn't look too impressed. "So ya made yaself a breakfast, but ya forgot a few things. Eggs is bland without something to give them flavor." He adds some salt and ground pepper to the eggs. "Sausage grease ain't enough, kid. Now go see what our customer thinks, he'll be the judge."

(Don't forget your masterwork tools' +2 bonus)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 am

Valor picks up the plate. He considers trying to do a show with it by putting it on his arm and walking or spinning around with it in his hands. But decides that he would rather not risk dropping it. So he just walks out to the customer with the plate and sets it down in front of him. "Your meal sir, please enjoy."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:05 pm

The man cuts into the eggs and their yolks run with their gooey yellow nastiness (DM's prejudice against over easy eggs). He seems to enjoy them, but the bottoms are burnt. He rips into the sausage and sops up the leftover egg yolk with the toast. When he's done, he looks up, "Why are you two staring at me?"
"You's the judge to see if this halfling gets a job as my new cook. What did ya think of his work?"
"If you need a cook, why make me decide for you?"
"Because, wise guy, you's a customer, and customers spend money for our food. If customers doesn't like his food, they doesn't spend money, capisce?"
"Then yeah, I guess it was good. Better than my wife would have made anyway."
The innkeeper looks at you, "He guesses it was good. Good enough for me. Good enough for you?"

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next