D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott in Suzail

4 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Elliott in Suzail - Page 29 Empty Re: Elliott in Suzail

Post by Valor Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:09 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 16

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Catherine smiles obviously impressed by the speech. "You have certainly become quite the leader in these past few months. I wanted to thank you for allowing your building to be a meeting place for me and my sisters. Layla stands up from her seat and begins to walk away. "I'll be back in just a moment."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:27 am

(Sometime in the 10 months, Elliott bought 25 more wooden training swords with electricity enchntments, 25 suits of mwk chainmail, and 25 of mercs choice of mwk long sword or mwk bastard sword.)

The cooks wheel out a great cauldron of stew and several large baskets of bread. Elliott allows a bowl of stew to be placed in front of him and begins eating. "Catherine, you and your daughter are always welcome in my hall. If you're staying in the province for a few more days, I would invite you to join me in orchestrating a great calamity for the Black Dogs. Is that something you would be interested in?" 
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:14 am

Catherine smiles but shakes her head.  "I simply work to defend the forest and her creatures.  The struggles of man is his own.  It's no place for a druid to intervene."  Layla comes back to the table a few moments later.  "Elliott, I thought you'd be interested in knowing that their is a thief in your hall right now with the mission of leaving a letter for you."  Carly lifts her head from her food.  "I'm...I'm not sure how to feel about that."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:57 pm

"Mother, how long will we be here. I know the issues of man should be their own, but could we help at least a little? Help prepare food, or keep moral up? Just simple things like these. They could use the help and I wish to see more of this world outside the forest." Zenthia asks, while moving to Carly. "After all, they are family. One directly, and several not." Her voice trails off, and she begins to look at the ground.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Elliott stands calmly. His armor was safe in the vault, and no thief was getting in there. "I appreciate the warning, Layla. I assume he's crawled over the wall and into the window of my room? Carly, I may need a thief wrangled. If he has a message, I'd like to hear it." After Layla responds, Elliott will go to wherever she says the thief is. He takes no care to quiet his steps so the thief will not be startled and be tempted to attack. When he enters the room, he will ask either the exposed thief or walk to the window and ask the empty room assuming the thief is hiding in the closet, under the bed, or something. "Thief. You have a message for me. I will hear it."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

The thief doesn't say a word but a sealed envelope slides across the floor and stops and your feet. You hear a voice say. "Message delivered." Then nothing else.

(opening the envelope requires a strength check of 30)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Elliott leaves the envelope and tries to find the thief. "Why don't you come out? If you have business with me, at least let me be at ease that you don't have a poisoned crossbow trained at me."

Elliott walks in the direction the letter came from with blindsense out to 30 feet, a listen check of 25, a spot check of 23, and a grapple of 47 if he finds the thief and he tries to get away.

Listen: +11
Spot: +6
Grapple: 29

After finding nothing, Elliott picks up the envelope and tries to slide his finger into it to break the seal. "That guy was no ameture. He kept cool when we messed with his plan. Let's see what we have here." He doesn't put much strength behind it (Maybe 7 or 8 str) because he's afraid of destroying the envelope and the message if he tries too hard. "Well, looks like it's magically sealed. The electricity from my swords might damage it, Carly. Give it a whack, and we can read the halves." Elliott holds it from the top and the bottom like holding a board for her to break.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:22 pm

'd20' : 14, 17, 18

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 am

(That's one way to do it)

Carly Steadies her axe making sure not to cut into Elliott's hands then swings it through the letter cutting it in half. A small button falls out with the letter that has a black dogs symbol with a red X over it.  After putting the two letter halves together it reads.

Dear Elliott,
You don't know me.  But I know of you, I know you study the arts of the nine and train others in these same paths.  I also study these arts, but unfortunately I have found myself in the employment of your rivals the black dog's.  I wish to rid myself of their company and I believe the only way for me to do that is with your help.  However as terms of this no one can know that you are helping me.  Also I have no gold to spare for your services but should we succeed you may find wealth worth your time.  If you are interested meet me outside the arena at midnight on the day you receive this message.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:30 am

(Elliott's str mod is a 9. Even if I thought he would have tried to muscle it open, he couldn't have.)

Elliott reads it aloud to Carly. "So it appears the Black Dogs have a defector. That or they've grown the stones to lay a trap for us. Regardless, whoever wrote this appears to have knowledge of martial ways. Last time we thought we were springing a trap, we found Layla and made some big coin. We massacre some Black Dogs, or we relieve them of a Martial Adept from their ranks. Win-win I think. He said midnight, so let's sneak out after the mercs are asleep." Elliott walks downstairs and finishes his meal. He makes pleasant conversation with Catherine, Layla, and Zenthia and makes no attempt to hide the contents of the letter from Layla. She could just get it from Carly anyway.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Layla doesn't say anything about the situation but it's safe to assume that she knows anyway.  Catherine shows no interest  in knowing what happened and continues to eat.  

(would you like to skip to midnight?)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Elliott makes sure to think that Layla would be responsible for the guild's protection in Carly and Elliott's absence. After evening training, Elliott straps on his armor and heads to the Arena.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 pm

After staying up and waiting for events to unfold, Zenthia turns into a weasel. She begins to follow Elliott from a distance, making sure to hide her presence.

move silently +8
hide +11
disguise +13
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 pm

The member 'Keiracat' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 13

#3 'd20' : 2

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:31 am

Elliott hears a tiny animal following about 15ish feet behind him. He takes several unnecessary detours to confirm that he is, in fact, being followed and the creature isn't some mage's pet on an errand. He doesn't turn around to betray his knowledge of his follower. The contract said discretion was a priority, and if the black dogs used weasels as spies, then Elliott might as well kill his contract himself. He was probably pushing his luck bringing Carly along as it was. "Just follow me, Carly." Elliott continues to take several winding detours for 15 minutes or so hoping to shake his follower. On the way, he looks for a burlap or similar bag. After he finds one, he takes it and turns a dark corner out of a relatively narrow alley, motions for Carly to keep walking, and waits for the follower listening intently for it to approach. If he could capture it, Layla could read its mind and tell him what its purpose was.

Spot for bag and strategic ambush point: +6 (20)
Touch: +30 (48)
Grapple: +29 (38)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:31 am

#1 'd20' : 14

#2 'd20' : 18

#3 'd20' : 19

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Grapple = -12
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:06 pm

'd20' : 8

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:31 pm

In a split second Elliott reaches down to grab the ferret who was around half way into the bag with a slight push from Elliott it goes the rest of the way in becoming trapped.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:37 pm

"Aunt Carly, Uncle Elliott! Help!" Zenthia cries out into the night, while trying to excape the bag.

Excape artist = +4
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:37 pm

'd20' : 17

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 am

As soon as the weasel is in the bag, it squeaks loudly, but Elliott doesn't speak Sylvan. Elliott tries to maintain keeping it in the bag, then he tries to pin it against the ground and smack it lightly (for him) for nonlethal damage to knock it out.

maintain grapple: +29 (36)
Pin attempt: 29 (yeah)
Pin attempt until pinned/smack until unconscious: 29, 29, 29 (Triple yeah)
Non-lethal Damage: d3+5 (8, 7, 7, Total: 22)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 am

#1 'd20' : 6

#2 'd20' : 12

#3 'd20' : 12, 14, 3

#4 'd3' : 3, 2, 2

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

After getting hit, and still being conscious, Zenthia returns to her elven form and cries out. "Aunt Carly!"

Last edited by Keiracat on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next