The Journey Develops

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 am

(level up!)

Valor runs over to Aeryn, "Wow, Aeryn you alright, can you hear me?!" He looks up at the crowd of people. "One of you go get a medic!"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:24 am

Aeryn doesn't move, but his eyes look terrified. He speaks weakly, "I think my sternum broke and punctured my lungs. I can't. I can't breathe." He closes his eyes and concentrates on breathing.

avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:28 am

Valor's hit die roll: d10 (5)
Want that one, or roll again?


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:28 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd10' : 5

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 am

(roll again)

Valor uses what little medical experience he has to try and help Aeryn.

heal check: +1

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 am

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:22 am

You have no idea what to do for internal damage, but you have the sense to not put pressure on it. You just look at him with your hands out as the medics come. They start to put him on a stretcher. "Give him a few days, the clerics will get to him eventually." Aeryn grunts as they move him. "The counselor. Where's she?" A halfling says, "Therella? She might be able to argue for you to get healed sooner, but what's she going to do?" Aeryn looks confused.

Hit die roll #2 (d10) (5)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:22 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd10' : 5

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:34 am

(5's love me)

Valor keeps a straight face as he looks at Aeryn, there was clearly something up with this Therella person, but it would explain why she was so quiet and secretive when casting her spells. He turns to the halfling speaking. "Please just go find her and bring her here. I'll talk to her." He turns back to Aeryn with a worried look on his face. "Don't worry I'll get you taken care of."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 am

Aeryn just looks at the roof. The medics leave and tend to other wounded people. Eventually, after about 30 mins you hear Therella before you see her, "By Yondalla, I don't know what you expect me to do! Should I convince the governor to heal him? I'm a counselor not a healer!" She turns a corner and sees Aeryn on the stretcher. "Oh, honey, what'd you get yourself onto? You stay right there." She goes off and soon you hear her voice raised. "Pelor would want him to wait his turn?!?" ...   "No! He wasn't in the arena! Someone attacked him outside!"... "Of course I don't know who did it! Maybe if you cared so much about justice as you do getting paid to heal people killing each other for fun, you could figure it out!"... She comes back around a corner pulling a cleric by the sleeve. The cleric heals Aeryn for 16 health and turns to her impatiently. "Are you satisfied with his care?" "Yes, you may go. Thank you." She turns back to you with a very pleasant look. "Do you boys have a place to stay for the night?"

2d8+12


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 1, 3

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:08 am

Valor looks at her with amazement. "I like you, you know how to get stuff done... But no we do not... Oh, and thank you for getting Aeryn healed." He bows in respect to her.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:24 pm

"Oh, honey. Getting stuff done is my business. It's just about all I do around here. Manage the bunkhouse and knowing who to complain to and how loud to do it!" She giggles and looks out at the slowly growing crowd of halflings who are trying not to be too loud. She sighs and looks more serious for a second. "Yondalla knows somebody needs to take care of them." She suddenly puts on her smile and shouts to the crowd, "What do you all say that we show them our home in this town?" They look very excited and nod their heads, but none say anything too loudly. A few gladiators give her dirty looks for shouting, and she looks right back at them. Aeryn starts to stand up, but still looks to be in a lot of pain. Therella helps him up, and he looks much better once he's standing up. "Sure, we were thinking about being done for the day anyway."
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Valor smiles at Aeryn. Yeah, I don't think you should be fighting any more today. He takes Aeryn's arm and puts it around him. And put's his arm around Aeryn. A home sounds nice to me, what about you Aeryn?" He starts walking after Therella.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Once you're out of earshot of the arena, the halflings start shooting questions at you and talking about your 2 fights. About half an hour of walking brings you to an enormous building with "Halfling Sector" painted on a sign. The building is 6 stories high and has many windows on each level spaced evenly. Therella turns around to you and presents her bunkhouse. "Welcome home, gentlemen. I told you we lived in the halfling sector, didn't I?" She giggles and walks inside. Inside the whole first floor is a parlor with tables for eating and floor space for dancing. There is an open shaft running up the center with balconies on all 5 upper floors. There are hundreds of halflings hustling about sweeping floors, fixing doors, watching kids, etc. Therella turns to you, "If you want to stay here, you need to pull your weight. I don't run a business, I run a community. All the work here is done by people staying here, and that's how they contribute. Those who don't work here work elsewhere and their wages help buy food for everyone else. Everyone has to make their own way in this city. I can't do it for them and I can't do it for you. Want to join us?" Aeryn says, "Um... the people working outside of the sector... Is that what I call it? How much of their money goes toward rent?" Therella's eyes get wide. "I told you I don't run a business here. There is no rent, there's only helping one another get through life. Usually all of their money goes toward helping buy food for the rest of us, but they get everything else they need for free because somebody else works for that. If you're fighting in the arena, I'm sure you'll be making more than the common laborer, and I don't want to make them feel like they're not needed because you're paying for everything. Most of us make about 5-10 gold a day. You two could spare 20 gold a day out of your arena winnings to help feed the rest of us, I'm sure. What do you say?" Aeryn seems a little uneasy and shrugs his shoulders, "What do you think, Valor?"
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:16 am

(3rd level feat-superior unarmed strike)

Valor scratches his head for a moment and thinks out loud. "20 gold pieces a day, that means 10 from each of us. I'll gladly pay that to live here, but how much do we make each day?" Valor pauses for a moment and squints his eyes. "Wait a minute...WE FORGOT TO GET PAID!" Valor turns on his heal and runs out the door as quickly as possible back to the arena.
---if no one stops him---
When he arrives back at the arena he goes up to the nearest clerk with a lack of breath. "Hello...I need...Today's....payment.."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:48 am

Aeryn runs along with you. The clerk looks at you for a second. "You're... The ones that beat Chop Chop. That's right, I remember. Looks like... 140 is the magic number for you two. 140 each. Here you are, you may resume your goblin slaying tomorrow if you wish." Aeryn looks at the bag and takes out the single platinum coin and looks at it closely in the light. "I think I can get used to this arena business."
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:42 am

Valor's eyes widen at the amount of gold.  (level 3 problems) He stands speechless for a moment then musters out some words.  "Ummm.  Yeah, yeah.  So could I." He turns and starts walking away, quickly putting the bag of gold into his pocket.  Come on, lets get back before something bad happens." He quickly starts making his way bag to the halfling sector.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:12 am

You make it back to the halfling sector, and most of the tables in the parlor area are full. There is a halfling with a wooden flute on the makeshift stage playing a mellow song as a few other halflings walk around with carts of boiled beef and potatoes. "Great, I was sick of hard bread and apricots anyway." You hear Therella before you see her, her high pitched giggle seems to pierce the other loud dinner noises. She looks at you and smiles before continuing the story she was telling to her table.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 am

Valor practically tackles the meat cart and shoves a piece of beef into his mouth. Then he makes his way over to the table with Therella to listen to her story. But he doesn't really pay much attention instead he just thinks to himself how wonderful the beef tastes.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:19 am

Nothing important happens the rest of the night unless you want to make something happen. You and Aeryn get a room on the 3rd floor and sleep through the night.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 am

(I ask Therella about getting more chicken in the sector, I really like chicken)

When Valor wakes up the next morning it's hard to tell if he's more happy or excited. He rolls out over Aeryn and out of bed to wake him up. "Lets go Aeryn, free breakfast. It's not everyday we get free food, well good food I mean." As he head down the stairs to the first floor he thought to himself. "Actually from now on I guess we do get free food everyday, I could get used to this." Now his happiness had definitely overtaken his excitement. He could not stop himself from wearing a almost creepy smile if he wanted too. And he was about to have breakfast which made everything even better. Because breakfast foods just seem to make everything better. So when he got to the dining hall he began to stuff his face with what ever food items that had to choose from and tried being friendly with some of the other halflings listening to their stories or plans for the day. After Aeryn joins him and they both finish eating if nothing important happens, they head for the arena.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Therella says that they don't have chicken too often because of prices, and the fact that one cow can usually feed the whole sector for a week or two if they're smart with it. I forgot to say that after eating was done, some more musicians joined the flutist and they play a few fast paced dancing songs. Many halflings get out to dance along.

Aeryn grunts as you roll over him. "Rude." Breakfast is a bit of bread, cheese, and cold water. People start working to take care of the sector as you and Aeryn leave. You get to the arena and wait an hour for your first match. "Ladies and gentlemen, yesterday you saw the deadly hugger Aeryn and his punchy friend Valor make their debut against Chop Chop. With our favorite goblin out of commission, the initial test of the smaller folk now falls to them. Hailing from Collinwood is the new gnome on the block Kindral and his sister Hùfine!" Two gnomes in normal peasants clothes walk out from the other side. They skip over to you. "Hi! This sounds like it's going to be fun! Halflings and gnomes in a battle for glory. Gosh there's a lot of people watching." Kindral says. Húfine smiles brightly, "Alright, some ground rules first. No hitting the face. That's just mean. Try not to break anything and we won't either. Fight fair and we will too. Sound good?" They hug each other and hold out their hands to shake yours.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:58 pm

I found a girl and danced with her, and was only slightly awkward.

A rapid stream of thoughts go through Valor's head as everything happens. First he wasn't fond of the fact that he was the new test for small people. But at least that meant he could prevent them from getting to injured. Next he thought about gnomes. They were from Collinwood and seemed friendly so maybe they were genuinely nice. But gnomes were tricky people. Trusted them could be a bad idea....oh well. Valor reaches out to shake the hand of Kindral. "Rules excepted, nice to meet you." He gives a happy smile.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:49 am

They shake your hands and back off about 30 feet. "Collinwood hippies... FIGHT!"

Gnomes init: +2 (10)
Aeryn's init: +3 (9)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum