The Journey Develops

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

The noose stick handlers start dragging Chop Chop away. The one that threw the net tosses something to Aeryn. "We can't get money for beating you both again if he's dead. Use this on him." Aeryn opens the thing and rubs it into Valor's most substantial wound and lies down next to him exhausted.

Healed: 1d8 (6)

Valor wakes up in the medical area of the Arena. Aeryn is asleep on a mat with linen wrapped around his abdomen.

200 XP


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 6

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Valor lays still until Aeryn wakes up. "So...uh..did you win?"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:32 am

Aeryn starts to sit up and takes a breath as if he's about to speak, but all that comes out is a low moan as he gingerly places himself back where he was lying. He simply shakes his head and closes his eyes again. Next to you are two glass bottles and an envelope sealed with beeswax. "Valor and Eyerin" is drafted in magnificent penmanship on the front.

If you choose to open it and read it, here's what it says. If you don't open it, shame on you if you keep reading.

Valor and Eyerin;
Betting on you two halflings in the past has been a particularly profitable venture. I've been able to get many times my money back on most of your fights, and believe me, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, today's performance in the arena cost me a great deal as my strong confidence in you was unexpectedly misplaced. It is my intention to sponsor you two in your endeavors in the arena. If it is your collective intention to resume winning fights, meet me at Olidammara's Chalice around lunch time whenever you are well again. 

On the topic of your well-being, do take these potions as a gesture of my best intentions.

The letter is unsigned.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Valor drinks the potion and once he is able to get out of bed he takes the other potion and makes Aeyrn drink it. One Aeryn is up and feeling better again as well Valor walks around the arena and asks questions about Olidammara's Chalice.

gather information +0


Last edited by Valor on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:15 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

When you drink the potion, you are healed 25 HP. You walk around for 2 hours. Out of the people who spare the time to talk to you, a couple people who have heard of it think that it is a small restaurant on the on the waterfront of Eastern Suzail known for its fantastic wines and view of Dragonmere as the sun sets.

Potion roll: 3d8+10 (25)
Gather information: 1d4+1 hours. (2)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd8' : 7, 4, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 1

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Valor feels rather special being called out to such a wonderful place such as that. If Aeryn is willing to tag along Valor heads there immediately to make sure he gets there before lunch and be waiting for the person who left the letter.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

It doesn't take you much looking to find the fine establishment. The restaurant has three walls and a large opening facing west over Dragonmere. Three elves dressed quite stylishly play lutes together in a sophisticated song. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHlXr2KHApk) When you get there, two guards are questioning a man with a brown apron over a bright blue and red tunic.  
"No thieves here. No, sir."
"We saw him running around that corner, and when we rounded it ourselves, he was gone."
"So he's obviously in our restaurant, right?"
"We have reason to believe-"
"Give me one example where a thief at large was caught sheltered by Olidammara's Chalice, and I'll let you search the place top to bottom. Just one... Go ahead... Anything, gentlemen?" 
The guards remain silent. "Good day, sir."
"It sure will be without you blocking patrons and hindering my business." The man in the apron goes inside and tosses a small shiny object to the bartender who winks at him before both go about waiting on patrons.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Valor looks around the place with a smile. Then turns to Aeryn. "I feel like we're going to get into a lot of trouble and make a lot of money." They will wait around the outside of the building until lunch time.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:06 am

Aeryn puts a hand on his knife and a hand on his money bag. "Hopefully more money than trouble."
As you wait for a few minutes near the low metal gate around the establishment, the words "Please come in. Back left corner," appear in front of you two floating in mid-air in the same handwriting as the letter. Aeryn shrugs and walks in. In the back corner seated at a table is an individual with a richly embroidered bright blue coat with an embroidered hood obscuring his face. He stands as you both approach and gestures to two chairs at the table. He speaks with a smokey and well articulated voice, "Thank you for agreeing to meet me, gentlemen. Order whatever you will, I'll cover your tab. The wine here is particularly magnificent. Best in the province to my palette. Were it not for the profitable business of the arena, I daresay I would find myself in Suzail regardless simply for the pleasures of the Chalice." He sits and orders a tilapia sandwich with a white wine from a province you can only hope of passing a knowledge geography check to identify. Aeryn orders a lemon seared salmon with a red wine. When faced with the extensive wine selection, he tells the waiter to surprise him. The man in blue tells the waiter that a mild wet white would do well. He also makes a recommendation on wine with whatever entree you order. He sits with his hands folded on the table until the food arrives. It is pristinely cooked. After you are all finished, he orders another glass of a different wine. "You gentlemen have apparently considered my proposal, otherwise you wouldn't have come. Do you have any questions about our situation?" Aeryn lets you talk first.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Valor asks for a cooked lobster covered in butter and takes the recommended wine. "Well sir, first I must thank you for your health potion provided to me and Aeryn. Secondly I would like to know exactly what our situation is. What are you doing? What are we doing? And how do we both benefit.?" Valor speaks are politely and sophisticated as possible in order to impress the stranger.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:39 pm

The steamed lobster tail comes butterflied in the shell with a small fork, a small bowl of butter, a lemon wedge, and some steamed and salted vegetables. You don't know exactly how good the Chardonnay is, but it tastes good with the lobster.
The man's hood shifts as he nods his head when you thank him, but he doesn't interrupt you. When you're finished speaking, he folds his hands on the table. "I have the full intention of offering you a sponsorship as proposed in the letter. If you're unaware of the implications of such a relationship, I give you gold to give you an edge in the arena. I then place large wagers on you as you use that edge to find victory much more often. You get gold you would not otherwise have from me, I yield a greater return than my investment in you two that I would not otherwise have from the arena."
Aeryn leans forward. "What kind of investment are we talking? Obviously gold, but what kind of numbers?"
The man chuckles mischievously and reaches into his lap and places your gold pouches onto the table in front of you both. "Count for yourselves. I've already given you both 2,500 gold's worth in platinum, and I'm willing to invest 500 more for every victory you achieve from now onward."
Aeryn's eyes grow wide as he looks at you and checks where he kept his coin pouch and finds it missing. He reaches forward suspiciously and opens his coin pouch on the table and is greeted by the silvery glint of platinum. If you do the same, you find that 25 platinum coins have been added to your pouch. Aeryn puts his pouch in his lap and closes his legs tightly around it. He claps his hands sarcastically. "Bravo. Very nice trick. So what's your catch?"
The man leans back in his chair obviously pleased with himself. "Indeed it was a nice trick. A catch? Hmm. I require a sacrifice whenever you desire to collect your sponsorship. This term is non-negotiable. You, young sirs, must give up the time to share lunch or dinner with me here at the Chalice."
Aeryn looks at you with his eyebrows up then back to the man. "If that's the only condition, then I'm in."
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 pm

(I'm pretty sure Zach gave me ptsd when it comes to making deals with strangers)

Valor stairs at the massive amount of gold for a few seconds before looking back up at the man across the table. "I can't find a reason not to take your offer, we make money. You make money. We all get dinner. Sounds good to me!" He takes the coin pouch and ties it around his waste very tight and keeps a hand on it. Then goes back to enjoying his food, in between bites he adds. "I see a bright future for all of us."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 am

(You and I both. Especially since I'm doing all the pact stuff with Jordan too. I had half a mind to make you sign a contract, but I didn't want to bring up any bad memories.) 

The man reaches forward and raises his wine under his hood to his lips. "Perhaps next time we're in one another's company we may witness the sun setting over the lake, but that won't take place for several hours yet today, and I'm sure you gentlemen have training to do." He stands and gives Aeryn a gloved handshake before extending his hand to you and leaving. "Until next we meet, gentlemen. May the arena be kind in scheduling your matches. Don't drink too much on my tab." The last sentence sounds more like a joke than an order. After the man is out of the Chalice, Aeryn turns to you with buggy eyes filled with excitement. "Holy! Crap! Man! A sponsor? We're sponsored by that rich and classy as heck guy. We can deal with his hidden catches later, but over two thousand gold! Can you believe it?"
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Valor shakes the man's hand then just sits in shock for a moment as Aeryn speaks. "I never thought I'd have this much gold at one time...What are we supposed to buy?" He opens up his coin pouch again and stairs at the money inside it. "We can actually afford that magical stuff with this much gold!"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 am

Aeryn opens his legs just enough to peek in the pouch too. "I force fed you the only magical stuff I've ever owned. I don't even know what kind of magical stuff we can get. That one guy in the arena had those big electric swords. Remember him? Maybe I could get electricity put on my knife." 
He gulps down the last bit of wine and strides off into the city.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:37 am

Valor goes off into the city with him. "Something like that would cost a fortune but I think we can get our armor enchanted to be stronger.' Valor looks for an enchantment store to go into. "Hello, I need this armour to be...uh..stronger. Like magically stronger. Can you help me with that?"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

The woman behind the counter looks disapprovingly down her nose at you. "The word you're looking for is 'enhancement.' You want your armor enhanced." She sighs in exasperation. "We can do it. How strong do you want the enhancement to be?"
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:49 am

Valor gives her a blank stair. "uh..." He takes out his coin pouch and puts it down in front of her. "Well how strong can you make it for this?" He looks up at her with a shy smile.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:31 am

She smiles at you, "You could get a +1 bonus for just over half of that amount. About 1,500. Although I'm assuming the armor you want enchanted is the armor you're wearing right now. May I inspect it?"


Run a sense motive check.
Her bluff: +7 (9)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 943
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:31 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Valor takes off his armour and hands it to her.  Here's my armour though I think that price sounds a little too much for just a small enchantment.

sense motive: +1 (14)


Last edited by Valor on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 22

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum