D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phinneas in Irieabor

3 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Phinneas in Irieabor Empty Phinneas in Irieabor

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:59 am

As Phinneas is walking the streets enjoying his ordinary and relatively unexciting existence, a city guard approaches him. "Halt! Are you of kin to Mr. Ferb Alexander?"

(I named your dad. Hope you don't mind.)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Phinneas in Irieabor Empty Re: Phinneas in Irieabor

Post by Zaueski Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:12 pm

(I don't mind at all, it saves me the trouble lol)
He turns and looks at the guard "Yes. Why are you asking?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 pm

The guard folds his arms and scowls. "I was getting to that. There are reports of foul play in your father's residence. Your siblings are being notified as well and you are all required to return to his house to identify a body. Good day, sir." He bows very slightly and continues his patrol.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:33 pm

"A body? Wait what???" He runs up to the guard "What do you mean a body?" If the guard brushes him off he'd run back home immediately.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 pm

"As in a person who has become an object due to lack of life. Good. Day." When you get home, some guards at the door of the two story 5 room house allow you in. "Please don't touch anything just yet, sir. We're still investigating. Looks like a burglary gone wrong." Your younger brother and sister aren't there yet. You rush up to his room on the second floor and there you see your father lying dead on his side in a nightgown stained in blood. Your mother's body is still in their bed and her throat is simply slit.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:51 pm

He stands there staring at his dad without a word. His entire body is rigid and his fists are clenched. He'd be vaguely listening to what they're saying but he's clearly in shock. After a minute he'd pull one aside "What happened to him...?"
(Gather information check or no? and It doesn't matter to me but is mom on her way too or did she die forever ago?)
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:44 pm

(A guard would tell you what a guard would usually say. If you get a bad gather information check, a guard isn't going to withhold information or anything. A diplomacy check might persuade him if he's being a jerk and withholding information, but usually guards are good about providing information in this realm. Mom is also dead in her bed. Last sentence.)

The guard walks inside with you. "We suspect that someone climbed in through the second story window of their room after you and your siblings left this morning. Perhaps the thief thought that your parents were out too, but he was wrong. It looks like he had a short sword because of the slashing and stabbing wounds on both of them, but the male victim's face was chewed off like an animal had eaten it. That part and the large blast mark on the wall we can't explain aside from the thief possibly being a cannibalistic sorcerer as well. But it looks like the house was completely cleaned out. Nothing valuable left in there. That's all we know right now. If you need anything, I'll be outside. Keep in mind this is a crime scene, so please don't touch anything until we've concluded our investigation." As he walks outside, your younger sister (Name: Andra) flies through the door. She grips your arms with tears brimming on her eyes and threatening to spill over. "Phinneas. This is our house! They said bodies! They're not..."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm

He'd stop her at the stairway. "They're... They're... Yeah... Its them... The guards are saying that they were murdered... That it was a robbery gone wrong.."
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:22 am

She collapses to the floor sobbing. She softly repeats, "Why would they?" After a few minutes, guards come in to look at the scene and take notes on it. They promise to conduct a full investigation, as your father was a semi-prominent figure in the community. Eventually, the guards all leave. A few hours later (do whatever you want during that time), your godfather, nicknamed Uncle Roderick by your family, arrives. He cracks the front door and knocks on the wall. "Hey there, guys. I heard a bard singing on the street about what happened here. How are you guys holding up?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:45 am

(He would try to comfort his sister as they both cried during that time) "It was horrible... Father's face... the guards said it was a robbery but the robber was cannibalistic... why would anyone eat his face!?!?" He pauses and takes a few breaths so he doesn't lose his composure. "Can we stay with you for a little bit? I can't stay here anymore it's too much to be here.... and I'm worried about Andra... she's barely said anything..."
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:08 am

Andra looks at you with wide bloodshot eyes, "He ate his face?!" Roderick shakes his head. "It's a shame. He deserved better. You are welcome to stay with us for as long as you need." He kneels in front of Andra. "Come here, honey. It's okay. You're okay." He comforts her and gets her to her feet. He walks you both to his house a couple streets down. His wife, Doreen, has 5 cups of tea sitting out. "You all know well enough where the beds are. We don't have to talk today if you don't want to. Just drink and sleep. Maybe Emmerson (brother) will be back by then."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:12 pm

He follows Uncle Roderick back to his house and drinks the tea. "Thank you Aunt Doreen but if I can be excused I just want to go to bed now. It's all too much... I'll answer any questions in the morning..." Assuming they dont object he goes up and lays in his bed and tries to sleep. He come down if he heard his brother but otherwise he wouldn't move til tomorrow.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 pm

You wake up in the morning with Andra in your bed. She's asleep and doesn't do anything if you wake her up except hug you for a few seconds then return to lying down wordlessly. When you go downstairs, Emmerson, Roderick, and Doreen are sitting around the table. They're not speaking, and only Roderick's food looks touched at all. Doreen offers a, "good morning," to you and gets you an egg and a biscuit with a glass of tea.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 pm

He'd let her sleep and try to get out quietly. If he woke her he'd invite her down but would otherwise leave her there. Upon coming downstairs and seeing the food and Emmerson there he'd say "Morning... I take it you've heard the news then Em?" He begins eating as he listens to his reply.
Move Silently (+2): 5

Last edited by Zaueski on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:00 pm

The member 'Zaueski' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 3

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Andra nods and trudges after you. She sits and plays with her egg with her fork. Doreen speaks softly "So are you kids ready to talk yet, or do you need more time?" Emmerson mumbles, "I'm ready to kill the hedge-born wretch that killed my father." Roderick speaks deliberately, "If there was a way to find out who it was, Emmerson, would you be willing to do it?" Emmerson crushes his biscuit in his hand, "Just like that!" "How about you two?" Andra nods her head slowly.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:43 pm

"Kill him? I saw father's body... It was horrible... Killing him would be too merciful... No I wouldn't kill him... But it's all moot anyways... The guards don't know anything yet..." His fist turns white as he speaks from clenching it and the rage is rather evident in his body language.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Doreen speaks up, "There's a possibility that I could find a name for you. I'll be back in a minute." She leaves into the back room and you hear a sound like heavy furniture moving against the wood floor. Roderick lets her go, "Do any of you know what a warlock is? Have you heard from the bards or someone you know?" Andra says, "It's like a mage, right?" "Exactly, but much different. Conventional mages manipulate arcane energy in the form of spells, whereas a warlock manipulates arcane energy in a raw form called eldritch fire." "Cool, but what does this have to do with us?" "You may have not known, but Ferb trifled with things that grant eldritch powers. Specifically, Asmodeous of Nessus, Baator. That means the same power was passed on to his children, you." "How do you know that about our father?" Roderick stands and a dark green fire burns around his hands. "Because we made our oaths together." Your brother and sister look at him wordlessly.

Doreen caster check: 78% chance of success. High=success.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:54 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd100' : 29

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:07 pm

"Wait. Our father was what?! My dad never made a deal with Asmodeous. He would've told us... You said it passed down to us? I've never made fire appear before..." He stares at his hand in confusion worried he's going to catch on fire now. "Isn't dealing with devils dangerous..? Are you in danger too?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Roderick's fire hands fade to a dull glow. "I made my oath to Archduke Mephistopholes, but Doreen and Ferb made their oaths to Asmodeous right in the back room. It's true that such beings are treacherous, but the power they offer is immense. With that power, Doreen is likely going to find out who killed Ferb. With that power, you could all confront and burn Ferb's murderer alive!" The fire around his hands becomes intensely red and blazes brightly. "Have you ever been so angry that you felt fire in your veins? Almost like it flows so strongly that it could drip out of your hands? That's Asmodeous' gift lying dormant in you because of your father's oath. I can teach you how to use that gift." 
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:26 am

"Would we have to make our own oaths...?" He stares at his hand and dwells on the sight of his father's corpse as if to catch his hand on fire. "Andra, Emmerson? What do you think..?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:51 am

Roderick sits down in front of you and places his extinguished hands under yours and cups your hands together. "Asmodeous's gift is already in you. Your father's oath is sufficient. Feel the fire in your veins and envision your thumbs are a faucet drawing from the well withing you. Draw your anger and lust for revenge up from your stomach, down your arms, and pour it from your thumbs into your hands. Envision a pool of green fire in your cupped hands. All of you do this. Feel it like a burning liquid and pour it into your hands." Doreen walks in from the room. "Nabadach. Ooh! Jumping right into it then? Nabadach is the thief's name." She walks around and closes the doors so none on the street will hear what's going on. "Hear that name? Nabadach is the one who killed your father." Andra and Emmerson cup their hands and concentrate on them. After a few minutes of concentration and Roderick's coaching, Emmerson hits the table with a closed fist. "This is useless. Why don't we just tell his name to the guards and beat him after they've caught him?" Roderick leans back in his chair. "Your choice, Emmerson."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:01 am

"No! We're not going to the guards! Prison is too good for this Nabadach. You didn't see it Emmerson. His face was torn off and gone, mom's throat was slit and our house was wrecked and cleaned out... No, he's not going to prison." He slams his fist down on the table in anger to emphasize his anger. (I don't think I can make him any angrier but I understand if it takes more practice)
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Emmerson stands up with fists clenched. "Excuse me, but I saw it, Phinneas. You all ran away over here when I got home. Didn't even have the gods-damned decency to put a sheet over them!" Andra stands also and points an accusing finger at him, "If you didn't leave every morning to go training with your Purple Dragon buddies, someone would have been home to protect them." "Oh yeah. Make it my fault. And how would I protect them if I didn't train, bitch?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next