D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new life for a new psion

2 posters

Go down

A new life for a new psion Empty A new life for a new psion

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Layla appears in a house located in the Dalewoods. In front of her stands Vulpi and her father Lupis. Layla looks down at the girl then up at the father. "I see you are taking care of a half-vampire child. That could be quite dangerous, would you prefer me to take her under my wing?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A new life for a new psion Empty Re: A new life for a new psion

Post by Corvus Nox Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:08 pm

In shock Vulpi Looks up at this new stranger. How could she know my secret? Why is she speaking to my father? What does she mean dangerous? What does she mean take me under her wing? "Father, who is this?" she finally asks. Lupis replies, "I don't know, and I'd very much like to know myself."

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Layla sigh's. "my name isn't important, what is important is that this girl you have here holds great potential in her and she could help me achieve great things. I offer to her what others dream of having. Will you deny here of this?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 pm

"I don't make it a habit of giving children away to strangers." Lupis says, giving the woman a cold stare, then more softly he adds, "I've already lost one child...."

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Layla sighs again. "Yes, yes. I'm sure you are referring to Corvus. I left him in good...I mean strong hands to protect him. He will become strong under the supervision of his trainers. Just as she will become strong under me. She may visit you of course once she is strong enough to teleport herself back here."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:53 pm

"Wait, you know where my son is?!?! Where is he?" Lupis has a frantic look on his face. "Father, the lady has brought us good news, don't you think it would be the least we could do to hear her out and not berate her with questions?" Vulpi says quietly but firmly to her father. Looking a little sheepish, Lupis says, "My apologies ma'am, thank you for the good news, please come inside where I can offer you tea and we can discuss my children's futures."

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:10 am

Layla smiles and sits down waiting for her tea. "So what exactly would you like to know? And don't hold back on questions. Knowledge is only gained by those who seek it."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:42 am

Lupis puts a pot of hot water over his clay oven and sits down with his daughter and the strange woman. "I guess I have several questions. First, please, where is my son? You say he is in good hands, but I would like to go see for myself. I had begun to worry he was dead. Second, I would ask that if you wish to know my daughter's mind, you address her directly. I raised my children to make their own choices, even if they make mistakes, they are to learn from them. I don't own her, but I will support and protect her however she allows me to do so. Lastly, how would you like your tea, sugar or plain?" At this last comment Vulpi smiles at her father's trust and care. "Father, if I may, you forgot something. We never introduced ourselves. Hello ma'am, my name is Vulpi, and this is my father Lupis." Lupis looks down at his hands and flushes a bit at his lack of decorum and mutters, "You know talking isn't my strong suit...." Again Vulpi smiles, and it seems almost contagious because Lupis then smiles a bit as well. She continues, "It's obvious that you know who we are, but manners are manners and it's never wise to assume any fact, so I find it the best policy to clarify whenever possible. I suppose I have several questions as well. What is it you would like to teach me? I'm aware that your decisions are your own, but I would inquire why me? Finally, if I am to learn from you, I would like to know what to call you."

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Layla crosses her legs and looks up at Lupis. "Sugar please, I enjoy a fine taste." Then she lowers her head to Vulpi. "I will teach you how to use your mind to achieve the things you never thought possible. I can't go into detail because you are not smart enough yet to understand but one day you will. And you will help me achieve my goals as well." She stops for a moment before answering the final question. "As for your son Corvus. If he wishes to see you. I'm sure that one day he will have that opportunity. But right now no one may see him, he is training after all."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Lupis purses his lips and says, "Well then can I at least ask you a favor then? Would you mind delivering him a letter, so he at least knows that we know he's ok? Also what's the name of his Trainer? A good man?" Vupli seems to be very focused and deeply in thought, after several minutes she looks up with a fierce determination in her eyes. "Ma'am, I will accept your offer and submit myself to your training. I want to become strong like my father and my brother. I may not have physical strength, but if I can use my mind to protect the people I care about, I won't pass up the chance!"

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Layla gives a slight crack of a smile but just barely enough to notice. "Good, then we shall start immediately. Lupis prepare your letter we are leaving at once."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Lupis nods and gets up to write his letter. As he does so he looks back and says, "You never told me your name, nor that of the trainer for that matter." He leans against the door frame awaiting a response. Vulpi gets up and fetches the now boiling tea and sugar, and pours her new teacher a cup.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:48 pm

She stand up and glances over at Lupis. "I'm afraid I can't reveal that type of information in case you should go looking for your son. Velpi shall learn mine and his name once she has begun her training and one day she will be allowed to entrust the information with you. But not yet."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 am

Vulpi at this point speaks up, "My father and I will give our word that my brother's training will not be interrupted. But I will not follow blindly. At very least the name of his Instructor, in exchange you have my commitment to your training as long as it remains within my moral compass." Lupis nods his agreement and visibly looks proud of his daughter.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:03 am

Layla lets out another sigh and looks down at Vulpi. "You best be sure to hold up your end of the bargain for this. I don't often deal with commoners. The man's name is Elliott. Now if you have your letter ready, we'll be on our way."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:11 am

Lupis gives his thanks and hand the woman the letter. He turns gives his daughter a hug and a kiss on the check. "Be strong, learn well, be brave. I love you sweetheart." He gives a nod to the women as he sees them on their way.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:24 am

Layla puts her hand on Vulpi and in a flash of purple light they disappear.

(I'll make a category called Layla's plane and we'll continue there.)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down