D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The baby dragon

2 posters

Go down

The baby dragon Empty The baby dragon

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Catherine walks in the form of a cat through the tree's in the forest with her adopted daughter following behind her. The air blows the leaves in the tree's and russell's' through their fur. The calm of the forest was like music to her ears as the small animals scurried across the forest floor with no humanoids to cause them trouble or harm. She turns her head to Zenthia. "Look around my daughter this is what beauty is. The forest free from taint, this is our job as druid's. To preserve the wonderfulness of nature and to protect it. And in return maybe one day it will protect us." She continues jumping through the tree's and talking with some of the animals that pass by. "Soon we will arrive in Cormyr, I know that I haven't left your side since you were born but you'll need to spend some time with your aunt Layla soon. Don't worry she'll protect you while I'm gone and I'll be back before you know it." She jumps down to the forest floor and begins walking over some of the fallen leaves "Pay attention while you are with her, she's a smart one. But she's selfish, maybe you can open her heart a little." She smiles at Zenthia for a couple seconds and then continues on through the forest.

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The baby dragon Empty Re: The baby dragon

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Zenthia begins to play with the leaves, "But mother, I have never seen the outside world. I'm scared." studdering, "And what if she does not like me, and I can not change her heart?" She stops playing with the leaves and beings to look around, a worried expression on her face.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Catherine curls up to you. "Don't worry about that your Aunt will keep you safe. And she'll like you, even if she doesn't show it. That's just because she's a stick in the mud." She keeps walking in front of you for a short time until you reach the edge of the forest as you look out over a hill you see a small town off in the distance. "Now as long as we stay like this they'll think we're cats. So do you want to go see what the humans are like?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Excitement boils up in Zenthia's eyes, as she looks ahead.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Catherine smiles at the excited look on your face. "Alright then lets go." She runs off ahead of you but looks back every few seconds to make sure you're keeping up with her. you run for about 40 minutes until you reach the city's outside wall. Catherine walks around it slowly observing the wall until she finds a small hole that goes into. "Follow me this leads into the city." Once you go through the hole you find yourself surrounded by tall buildings and busy people walking across the street at hurried paces. "look at them all hurrying to their destinations. Refusing to take a break to enjoy what's happening around them. What do you think?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

"They are like bees!" Zenthia exclaimes. Her eyes fill with wonder at the sights before her.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 pm

(10/10 best description ever)

Catherine lets out a very genuine laugh at your reaction. "Yes, that is exactly what they are like. Lets get a better look shall we?" She takes off down an ally and jumps on things to scale up a wall easily enough for you to keep up with her and she ends up on top of a roof over looking the main street in the city where a halfling caravan is set up having a hearty feast. "Look over there Zenthia, those are halflings, they're quite different from the humans much happier and festive. Very few of them come near the great forests but every so often a caravan must be convinced to stay away." She points her head toward some men glaring at a potion they seem small like the halflings but have pointier ears. "Those are Gnomes, they are little tricksters, they usually just bother each other and don't bring much chaos to the druids. But you should still stay cautious of them." She walks over to another side of the building and looks down the wall where some tall green skinned men are arm wrestling on a table. "Those men are orc's, they're filthy brutes that don't care for the beauty of nature. But luckily they are easily deterred from entering our woods." She turns her head to you. "And of course you and me are Elves, elves care more for the forest then any one else. But there are still a few that do not appreciate its majesty. That's why we train as druids to protect it. So what do you think of life outside the tree's?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 pm

"Very odd. The people seem to go from place to place, but not many seem to be enjoying themselves. And they are all so different." Zenthia looks at mother and tilts her head, "Do these beings care about the forest, like we do?"
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:12 am

Catherine looks out over the city at the different races playing their games and conversing with each other clueless that they were being watched. "Everyone is different my dear. None of these being would work to protect the forest like we do, but that doesn't mean that they don't care about it." She walks into the center of the roof and slowly changes into a bird. "Alright this was only our first stop, now we're headed to Cormyr to meet your aunt Layla. I'm sure she'll be surprised when we show up on her doorstep." Catherine chuckles to herself. "She hates surprises." She waits for you to turn into a bird before flying off toward Cormyr.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Zenthia changes into a bird, and takes one last look at the creatures. She begins to think, 'If all these creatures could enjoy the forest....protecting it may not be as difficult as it sounds. But this may just be wishful thinking.' She turns to her mother and simply inclines her head, signaling that she is ready for what ever lay ahead.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Catherine takes off into the air with Zenthia behind her. They head for Suzail in Cormyr where Layla claimed to be.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum