Phinneas in the Sunset Mountains

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Phinneas in the Sunset Mountains

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Andra huffs and rolls her eyes. She walks away. Emmerson is already halfway through breaking camp when you get back. You start your day's walking and arrive in Hluthvar about when you expected to.
Elliott the Undying

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:25 pm

(Sorry, its been so long I had to reread the entire story lol. Now we're here waiting for news right? About his dad's killer and the ritual?)

He breathes deeply "Hluthvar. Well that wasn't too difficult of a trek was it now Andra?" *Insert pause for small talk banter* "So how are our supplies and also what's our plan while we wait for news from Aunt Doreen and Uncle Roderick?"
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:15 pm

(lol. ain't nobody got time for that. When you revived the post, I thought 'screw it, you make it.')

Hluthvar is composed mostly of humans with the occasional dwarf here and there. Many of the men are seen carrying about logging axes or have woodworking/carpentry tools on their belts.

Andra was in much better spirits once Hluthvar peeked over the horizon a couple hours ago around 11:00 a.m. (making it 1:00 now.) "It was dreadful. I already loathe every minute we'll spend walking back home," she says playfully. She sits down on a bench. "I think I've done enough work for today, you two go find us a place to stay."

Emmerson rummages through his pack, "Looks like that ration we shared this morning was the last one. Good thing too, I'm getting sick of hard biscuits and raisins. I imagine there is some work to be found around here to pass the time, but dinner and a place to sleep are our first priority right now. There's gotta be an inn around here somewhere. Maybe even a boarding house if we're going to be here for a while. I've only got 10 gold left, you?" *conversation*

After looking around a bit, the cheapest of the 3 inns in town is 2 gold per room per night meals charged separately, and the cheapest of the numerous boarding houses is 12 gold per room per week dinners included. Two small beds in the inn and boarding house, so either way one will have to take the floor. If you want higher quality, the price will increase accordingly.
Elliott the Undying

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 am

"I've only got 90g and some change" He says "How about I cover a week at the boarding house and we look for some source of income while we wait on them to get our info and money. We should at least earn enough over a week to cover another week so we won't run out... Once we're established a bit better we can upgrade to 3 beds but until then let's just rotate the bed schedule unless someone else wants to pay for their own room?" If there are no objections he pays for the room at the boarding house that has meals included.
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Emmerson is glad to let you spend your money. 4 days pass with no events. Emmerson spends his 4 days cutting and splitting wood for a wood carving artisan, Andra doesn't say what she's doing unless you really press her for it. (Let me know what you're up to in the mean time if you want to use the time constructively.)

On day 5 a courier and a guard arrive looking for you. The courier hands you a letter and a bag of gold telling you it's from your Aunt and uncle in Iriaebor. The bag contains 1,679 gold and the letter reads like this:

Dearest kiddos,

The ritual went off without a hitch. Whether Roderick wants to admit it or not, Zorrakas does good work. The ritual yielded a riddle that I enclosed in the same envelope this letter is in. It doesn't look good. It appears that Nabadach is the servant of another Archduke.

Best not to come back here. Emmerson isn't exactly Iriaebor's most wanted, but we've seen and heard his name a few times where the law is concerned.

Be safe,
Aunt Doreen

On another sheet of fine parchment is a poem written in a dark red ink.

They say a house divided cannot stand,
Mine is built so that it can.

Each wall pitted against each wall,
Fear is the adhesive that keeps it all,
Bound together so it does not fall.

Nabadach’s leisure is spent in his master’s Palace
A place I designed, out of my malice,
A Filthy place, devoid of beauty or balance

Ambition is greatest in Nabadach’s master
Whose uprising resulted in a foul disaster
My retribution will be much faster
Than his attempts to supplant me, that conniving bastard.

The Fallen One’s form serves to remind
That his offenses keep him still confined
If only with me, his efforts were aligned,
His body would not have been redesigned

Ferb and his wife are now no more,
Due to the treachery within Baator.
Elliott the Undying

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content