D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott in Eveningstar

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Elliott in Eveningstar - Page 2 Empty Re: Elliott in Eveningstar

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Elliott allows the drunk to blunder about and make a fool of himself, but he catches Elliott's attention with the sum to be paid. Elliott is still just as suspicious as he was last time he was approached by a mysterious contractor who wanted to meet in the woods and made big promises. "I would love to take this contract if I could meet this Bart, but how do we hold this Bart to his word? How did Bart survive when your men died? I'll bet you 2,000 gold that the 200 gold he sent you was taken from your two dead men and the group of bandits waiting in ambush doesn't even have a thousand gold among them save the gear they've taken from your men." Elliott gauges the big man's reaction, who looks smug. Drunk and smug looked so similar. "I'll take the contract, but only to rid you of a menace who stains the honor of your dead brothers." Elliott didn't care for the dead's honor. They were blinded by the gold and it made them reckless. Elliott signs the contract and hands the quill to Carly. He seriously doubted there would be any reward especially after he killed them all. Regardless, he enjoyed a bit of violence. "Since I'm now employed by you, is there a room or locker where I can put my belongings that aren't necessary for the job?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:24 pm

The drunken man gives a smile. "Well that's good to hear, we have lockers in the armoury. It's to the left of the dining hall." The man sits down at the desk taking the place of the man that left. The people in the dining hall are constantly staring at you wondering if what you said about training under Bartholomew was true or not. They just sit in silence and watch with suspicion and wonder. Carly speaks up as your walking to the lockers. "So after a thousand years of training. We get a job to kill bandits. That's entertaining isn't it?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 pm

"I've grown a bit tired of sparring instead of actually getting to kill someone. It takes some of the thrill out of the kill knowing the guy is just going to get back up in a few seconds and drink with you that evening. Who knows? Maybe this Bart guy is real and will need protection from a horde of zombies and skeletons and we actually get paid for it." Elliott stashes 100 platinum coins, counting it twice to make sure, in the locker. He'd see if these blood-and-honor types would take just a couple platinum if they thought they'd get away with it. Elliott leaves the armory and scans the main room for training dummies within view of the dining hall. He thought maybe he'd put on a show before he left.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Everyone in the guild hall watches you as you stash some stuff in the locker but seem to pay more attention to you then your locker. They watch very carefully as you walk with Carly and speak in hushed whispers. You see some training dummies at the far end of the room some people are practising punching them but there are two free ones open. Carly also takes a moment to show off, as a man asks for some butter to put on his bread at a near by dining table. Carly takes her greataxe off of her back swings it across a butter stick and across the bread spreading the butter across it. Stopping the axe before it hits the mans throat. Then with a smile she quickly brings the axe back up and locks it onto her back. As you walk past the man you hear him whispering. "But I wanted the butter on the inside of my bread."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm

That was Carly. Two parts sarcastic, 8 parts awesome. Elliott enjoyed the look on the man's face. Elliott sizes up a dummy, punching it a few times to gauge how hard it was. It was pretty dense. He draws both swords from his back and waves them around twice to loosen his wrists. He uses the Time Stands Still maneuver to strike the dummy three times a second for six seconds straight.

Attack rolls for main hand weapon:
+30/30/25/20/15
+30/30/25/20/15
Attack rolls for off hand weapon:
+30/30/25/20
+30/30/25/20

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 15, 16, 3, 1, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 9, 6, 12, 12, 14

#3 'd20' : 3, 5, 15, 6

#4 'd20' : 10, 20, 16, 5

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 pm

The dummy gets split into a uncountable amount of pieces as leather and hay fly everywhere from the location of where a dummy once stood. The other men near you that were attacking the other dummies instantly back up from the location. The crowd in the dining hall falls silent and speechless and some people have grit their teeth with looks of scarred amazement. Even the drunken man sitting at the desk turns around in his chair and stares at you for a second. Before grunting and turning back around. Carly walks over the dust and hay to stand next to you. "Congratulations you cut through leather and hay I'm really impressed, truly you are the best warrior in the realm."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:12 am

Elliott reattaches his swords to his back and bows deeply. "Truly an ego bolstering compliment coming from the best butterer of bread on the plane." He hits her on the shoulder and walks out of the guild hall with a cocky grin. "Let's go spring ourselves an ambush."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:17 am

Carly lets out a smile and follows you.

(I believe the topic should be moved from this point, if you want to post arriving in the kings forest)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 am

Elliott pauses. "Not so fast. We should find somewhere to stay so I can read those books. I'd like the guidance and any edge I can get. It will probably take a few hours, so we should find someplace comfortable. I wonder what the best food in town is. I'm sick of these rations. Layla, see if you can read some fat guy's mind and get his favorite restaurant. Psions can do that, right?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:56 am

Layla sighs. "My powers really shouldn't be used for this." She closes her eyes and places her hands on her head. "Down the street take the first left and the second building on your left is the best restaurant in town." She lowers her hands back to her sides and opens her eyes, she begins to walk forward. Carly walks behind her. "See Layla you are usefull." Layla raises an eyebrow and glares at her but doesn't respond.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:03 am

Elliott finds the restaurant and takes a seat, he starts thumbing through the first book while they wait for service.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:24 am

A waiter comes over and takes out a quill with a small piece of paper."Hello gentleman and madam's how may I serve you best today, we have the finest food in all of Eveningstar, as I'm sure you know.  Would you like to try one of our specialities?" Carly smiles. "Let's see how good your food really is, I'll take the your most famous dish." Layla leans back in her seat but maintains her posture.  "I will second that, you're best dish please." The waiter does a slight bow to both of them and writes down their order then he turns to Elliott.  "And for you sir?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 am

(I'm tempted to make you write a full menu.) Elliott looks up from his book. "Tell your chef to make whatever his favorite dish is for me." He goes back to reading the book. "Huh, says here that even the biggest toughest shields are ineffective against dragon breath without a special enchantment. Interesting. I would have thought that a wooden tower shield with a boiled leather covering would at least be able to lessen the damage of electricity and frost attacks and an adamantine one might do well against fire and acid breath. Good thing none of us waste time with shields."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:15 am

(ask and you shall receive)
Carly thinks for a moment in silence.  "I see people using shields so often.  That would make it so much harder to hurt things." Layla sighs.  "The point is so they don't get hurt in return.  Some people don't like to bleed." Carly turns to look at Layla and then crosses her arms and looks back at the table.  "Oh.  So their wimps." Layla lets out another sigh and starts reading off the menu.
"Chicken eggs"
"Goose eggs"
"Cooked Fish"
"Salted Fish"
"Fresh vegetables"
"Game meat"
"Fresh pork"
"Salted pork"
"Sausage"

"Meals include"
"Chicken stew"
"Venison stew"
"Honey cooked biscuits"
"pickled fish soup"
"Buttered bread with jam"

"Specialities"
"Fried chicken stuffed with herbs and cheese."
"honey covered bread with spiced sausage, and pork."

"Drinks include"
"Ale"
"Beer"
"Watered Beer"
"Grog"
"Scotch"
"Feywine"
"Wine"
"Fine wine"

Layla closes the menu.  "Well that wasn't too bad of a selection."

(sorry, I have no idea what prices those would be so you can use your imagination for numbers)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Elliott reluctantly sets his dragon book down and glances over the menu. "Two fillets of fish fried in lemon oil, some fresh vegetables, a couple of those honey biscuits, and a glass of fine wine please, sir." Elliott goes back to the book, reads for a few minutes, and comments, "So apparently some dragons are so massive that even the most hardened warriors who have no fear fighting ordinary battles find themselves overcome with fear when faced by a dragon."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Carly lets out a hardy laugh. "I'm not scared of anything." A small grin passes over Layla's face and she glances over at Carly who's face instantly goes straight and he eyes fix in place. "Layla get that image out of my head."
"But I thought you weren't..."
"Now!"
"Fine." Layla turns back to face you. The waiter writes down your order and walks away to give it to the chef. Carly lowers her head. "Well I'm not scarred of dragons anyway." Layla smiles again. "Oh really?"
"Layla don't you dare!" Layla chuckles and leans back in her seat. "Oh, I miss this. We should all get together more often."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:47 am

Elliott is amused by seeing fear on Carly's face. He hadn't seen that since Whinnie swallowed her whole the first time. "What's that? A troll proposing marriage or all your hair getting burnt off by a black dragon? You know, that's a possibility in the near future." He wasn't totally comfortable delving into the fears of his closest friend. He suspected it was something akin to paralysis or pregnancy. He wouldn't like either of those either.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 am

(10/10 I was thinking pregnancy)
Carly looks up at you. "Not important Elliott, not important."
"It was.."
"NO!"
"But.."
"NO!"
Layla chuckles a bit. And turns to where the kitchen is. The waiter appears with the food all on plates reaching across his arm. He walks over to the table and one by one lays your the food down. You see that Layla and Carly got the Chicken stuffed with herbs and cheese. "Is there anything else that I can do for you?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:13 am

Elliott throws a sympathetic look toward Carly and puts the book in his pocket, "No, sir, it looks great." Elliott eats the vegetables first as they were there for nutritional reasons, but he relishes in the fish, biscuits, and wine. If he could get a pouch of everlasting this meal, he'd be a happy man.

Food enjoyment modifier: +0

He loves it.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:13 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : He can't not enjoy this meal.)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:25 am

(What if we made a bag with a continuous "Heroes' feast" cast on it?)

As everyone is eating Layla looks up from her plate. "So Elliott, do you think you're strong enough to actually take down the dragon?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:26 am

(Yeah, and it could be like a rug that unfolds like the personal oasis. Or what if I just got it and mage's magnificent mansion cast on my Addy fortress somehow and the bottom floor would always have food on it and the middle floor would be fully furnished with beds. That's my goal. When we get back from the dragon, I'm going to need a price check on that.)

Elliott thinks around his mouthful of honey biscuit, "From what I read, I think I would stand a chance against one. With the twins of brains and brawn beside me, I think that dragon is dead meat. We just have to make sure we ALL make it through. None of that throne room business where one of us almost dies."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:56 am

Carly gives a slight laugh. "Yeah, it would be pretty strange to die and actually stay dead. And I just know that Bartholomew would laugh at me for eternity in the after life." Layla ponders to herself for a moment. "Well I don't really suspect us to have too much trouble. However I'm sure the cave will contain more then just one dragon. They always do." She takes another bite of food finishing off her meal.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:30 am

Elliott hadn't gotten to that part of the book yet. Of course a dragon would have a nest or brood or a mate or something. He became a bit uneasy now being faced with the possibility of several acid spewing dragons. He runs through various tactical scenarios in his head while he finishes off his meal. The treasure had better be worth it. He pays his check and asks Layla where they're going to find this dragon.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next