D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draxor in the King's Forest

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Draxor in the King's Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Draxor in the King's Forest

Post by Johnny11 Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 am

Yes sir, it is nice to visit the sights of the Kings Forest, in our line of duty, you never know if it'll be your last. Well, I can certainly eat a home cooked meal, but I'm basically a bodyguard, its up to the kid. Draxor is suspicious of the man, but is curious of the dwarf's house, and more importantly, his skills as a chef.
(sorry about the long wait, I was visiting my family in Bradford Pa)

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:07 pm

The boy looks up at you with some surprise then at the dwarf. "That's right, sir. I'm in charge of this expedition. An upgrade in accommodations would be nice. I'm getting sick of magic trail food. We'll accompany you to your house"
"Marvelous!" He beckons you to follow "Now the King's trees are different from the King's forest. The Purple King of Cormyr owns the forest, but these trees belong to King Mogvar and they will one day herald his return. I am their keeper. My job is to make the hills, and every so often, my fellow keepers make a tree on my hills." He continues talking about his hills, trees, and king for the couple miles of walking (unless you have any questions you'd like to ask) until you get to a tree topped hill with a hole dug into the side. Nearby you see a garden and a cooking pot over a bed of hot coals. The dwarf crawls into the hole, and comes out with a handful of roots and a teapot. "I don't usually like to make root tea from my tree, but this is a special occasion." He puts a spoon into the teapot, says a word, and it fills with water. He puts the roots in the pot and places it on some coals. He offers you to help yourselves to the vegetable soup he has in the pot and provides crude wooden eating implements. The soup isn't terrible, and the tea isn't sweetened, but it has a strong flavor from the root.

(Make an int check if you haven't figured out what's strange about this situation.)
Aeryn Int check: +1 (8 )
Kid int check: +2 (21)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:07 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 19

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 am

on the walk to the place: Draxor would try to ask more of the man, and ask him why the trees are ghost-like
at the house:This is a very quaint. do u get many visitors? Draxor notices there are no meats in the soup Sorry sir, but i'd rather eat my rations, i got meat in it Draxor also doesn't drink the tea, he rather drink the leathery water

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 pm

The Dwarf gives you a puzzled look. "Aren't any ghost trees here. The king might not be happy should he be greeted by dead trees. As you can see, their leaves are green and they're quite alive." Aeryn and the boy take some soup. After a few minutes of eating and chatting, the boy stops drinking a sip of tea and says, "Roots." He sets his bowl on the grass, stands up, and says, "Guys. That one has roots."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Roots? do u know which plants they come from? Draxor says. Draxor would make a check to see if he knows what root it is, but he most likely doesn't know what it is
Wisdom +1(10)

Last edited by Johnny11 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

forgot the dice

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

The member 'Johnny11' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 9

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:53 am

You remember that the dwarf said the root came from his tree. Which you think is a bit strange. "No, no, no! That tree has roots that are actually in the pot, so it can't be a ghost!" The boy runs off up the hill. "I told you that they're real. But don't you want to finish your soup first?" Aeryn drops his bowl and runs after the elf. "Kid, can you chill for a minute and not run off like that?"

On getting to the top of the hill, the kid is looking at the tree. He is touching the tree and patting it all over when you approach. "This one's real. So it must be special somehow." He pulls out the map and points to the X at the base of the drawing of the tree. "Whatever's here must be under the tree. Maybe the dwarf is really a pirate in disguise who is guarding the treasure!" He sits down with his back to the tree and a rune that looks like a "P" starts to glow a bright blue on the paper. His eyes get big and he stands up, but the rune disappears. The dwarf huffs and puffs his way up the hill leaning on the shovel like a walking stick. "What's going on here? The tea wasn't that bad, was it?" The boy looks at the map and looks back at you.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 am

I don't know about the tea, but there was this tree that we found when you found us, we could walk Into, the tree. Are these tree's special?Draxor says.

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3