The Journey Develops

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Aeryn looks at you sheepishly. "I don't know. I was scared before, but now I'm not sure if I want to kill people. Animals I'm fine with, but... I just don't know. Let's watch a few and see how it goes." As you walk in, the arena is just barely visible over the other smaller buildings of Suzail.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Valor gives him a silent stair. He didn't plan on actually killing anyone, just knocking them unconscious. They would be good enough right? Either way he had to prove himself somehow and had to earn money in the process so this was the best way to do both at the same time. As they arrive at the arena Valor tries to find some seats closest to the front row in order to get the best show.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:30 am

Aeryn follows you looking deep in thought. The stands are crowded. You look for front row seats and miss the first fight. When you and Aeryn find seats, a guy with a sword and shield is fighting a guy with a spear. The spearman jabs at the swordman a few times using his long weapon to keep out of the sword's reach. After a few minutes, the swordman blocks the spear with his shield, quickly closes the gap, and runs his sword through the spearman's neck. The crowd cheers for the brutal killing. Aeryn's eyebrows go up. "Huh. Wasn't expecting that."
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:52 am

Valor sits rather speechless after the spectacle and looks around at the cheering audience. He gives a scoff. "I'd like to see them enter the fight, bet they wouldn't be cheering then." He looks back at the two in the center. "Aeryn, I agree maybe you shouldn't enter." Valor leans back in his seat and waits for the next fight to start.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:17 am

The next fight a huge guy comes out flexing his muscles and putting on a show for the crowd. Another man enters the arena from the other side with an enormous sword in his hands and an enormous sword on his back. When the two start to fight the swordsman hits the big guy in the head stunning him. The swordsman drops his sword and beats the living hell out of the bigger guy. He would dodge then flurry blows. Dodge, flurry. Eventually the swordsman tackled the bigger guy and threw him to the ground while on top of him. He ties him up in a gift wrap (http://manlyexcellence.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/melee7.jpg) and punches him yelling "YIELD!" after every punch. Eventually the swordsman gets off, retrieves his sword, and they both exit the arena alive. Aeryn is cheering for the big guy saying, "Don't leave your side open like that, Man!" "Don't let him shoot for your side... okay, you let him shoot for your side. Just don't let him get on top!... Okay, let him get on top, whatever." "Yeah, it's done. Just give up, idiot." After it's over, he leans back and fold his arms. "That was a good one. If they all fought like that, the Arena might be fun I think. Man, that guy just threw down his sword and beat up that guy like he'd done it before. He was BIG too. Hey, that proves that the little guy can win, right?"
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Valor smiles widely at the spectacle. "Yeah, that looked fun!" He stands up and starts to walk away. "That's all I needed, I'm going to sign up. You can stay and watch if you want." his walk turns into a run as he heads to the catacombs of the arena and signs up for a fight.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:23 am

Aeryn looks at you and grunts as he stands up. "Hhhggg. Wait, Valor. You're not going in there alone." You sign up and the clerk doesn't give you a second glance. "Just a few minutes, kids. Come on now. Sit down and wait your turn. You'll probably be fighting Chop Chop anyway, so don't plan on living too long." Aeryn speaks up, "Who is Chop Chop and why do you assume you're sending us to our deaths?" The clerk looks at him accusingly. "Chop Chop's a goblin whose been killing halflings and gnomes for a loooong time, kid. He usually is just sent against criminals because your people don't volunteer very often. 4 halflings had the bright idea of trying to steal from the king on a visit one time. He had Chop Chop kill them all. All four. At once. There's something about little people killing each other that the crowd finds... Well, hilarious. Don't worry, the last sound you'll hear is laughter. Now sit down and wait your turn." You and Aeryn sit down. A girl with a greataxe goes in and comes out less than a minute later. The swordman who beat the strong man is reading a book. He too enters the arena and exits soon. They leave with some kind of wizard girl. The clerk calls out to you two. "Hey halflings! Chop Chop's going to be let out of his cage soon. Better get in there quick!" Aeryn takes off all his gear except for the dagger in his hand. "Let's go show that murdering goblin trash a couple halflings that fight back... You first."
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 am

(the references!)

Valor stays silent while the clerk is talking. she was very quick to judge. He was slightly shocked by the speed of people coming in and out of the arena. He didn't realize that matches were over so quickly. When Aeryn stands up Valor gives him a confident smile. "Alright, that should disappoint the crowd some. Sounds fun." He jumps up and starts speed walking toward the arena trying not to show his excitement to fight, but also too excited to not be going fast.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:46 am

You enter the arena and the crowd seems to be buzzing with excitement. You hear somebody say, "Thank Pelor, I really hated that guy." A voice rings throughout the arena. "Ladies and gentlemen. Today you will be witnessing the return of an old friend we all know and love, but first his competitors. Two halflings named Aeryn and Valor. If you couldn't already guess, it's Chop Chop!" A cage is lowered on the other side of the field. Inside is a ballistic goblin screaming, " I CHOP! CHOP! CHOP! TWO HALFLINGS! TWO CHOPS! TWO YUMMY HEARTS! CHOP! CHOP!" As soon as the door is opened, Chop Chop is out and running wildly towards you two with two short swords.

Initiative: +2 (22)
Aeryn's init: +3 (19)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:46 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 16

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 am

Valors initative: +3 (16)


Last edited by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 am

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Chop Chop sprints madly toward you, leaps into the air, and screams "EEEEEEEEEEEEE! CHOP!" as he chops at you with his sword. Aeryn tries to stab Chop Chop with his dagger.

Jump check: +10 (17)
Chop Chop's Chop: +6 (21)
Aeryn's stab: +7 (27 threat)

(Chop Chop's AC is 11 for this round because of a charge. Starting next round his AC will be 13)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:57 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 20

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Chop Chop slashes you savagely on the shoulder for 8 damage, and Aeryn stabs Chop Chop in the neck for 8 damage and uses the dagger to pull himself closer. "YAAG! NO STAB! ONLY CHOP!"

Choppiness of Chop Chop's Chop: d4+7 (8 )
Aeryn confirmation roll: +7 (13 confirmed)
Aeryn's stab: d3+3 (4x2=8 )
Aeryn's grapple: +4 (22)
Chop Chop's grapple: +7 (17)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:00 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd4' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd3' : 1

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 18

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 10

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Aeryn's successful grapple damage on Chop Chop.

d4+3 (6)

(Between the charge and the grapple, Chop Chop's AC is 9.)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd4' : 3

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Valor punches Chop Chop in the chin and joins into the grapple.

attack: +6 (13)
if hit, grapple check: +1 (12)


Last edited by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:46 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 11

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Valor hit's chop chop hard in the chin and then draws himself closer in.

1d3+3 (4)


Last edited by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:47 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd3' : 1

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 pm

(Aeryn took that scorpion's grasp feat from sandstorm which allowed him to attack then grapple as a free action. Grapple actions seem to be based off of your BaB, so your attack hit, and you can grapple next round instead of your attack if you want.)

Chop Chop drops his offhand sword and chops Aeryn in the leg for 9 damage. Chop Chop's armor spikes get Aeryn for 2 damage. "CHOP YOU TOO!" Aeryn moves to pin Chop Chop, but Chop Chop barely resists. "Come on, you piece of crap."

Chop Chop's Chop: +0 (15 hit)
Chop Chop's armor spikes: d4 (2)
Choppiness of Chop Chop's chop if Chop Chop's chop successfully chops: d4+7 (9)
Aeryn's pin: +4 (10 lost tie)
Chop Chop's pin resist: +7 (10 won tie)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 971
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 2

--------------------------------

#3 'd4' : 2

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 3

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 pm

(you're enjoying this chop chop's chopping)

Valor joins in on the grapple.  "Just go down you dumb chopper!"

Grapple check: +1 (9)


Last edited by Valor on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1744
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum