D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Journey Develops

2 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Journey Develops - Page 20 Empty Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Something about her smile betrays the fact that she's trying to swindle you. Regardless, you let her see your armor. She tests its strength and puts it under an instrument that looks like a thick magnifying glass. "This armor couldn't handle an enhancement. Its rings are made of a lower quality metal and the magic would damage it irreparably. I would hate to break your armor." She hands it back and smiles pleasantly. "Is there anything else you were looking for?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:04 am

Valor frowns at the response. "no thank you I'll be on my way."  He immediately heads to a blacksmith with his armour in hand.  "Excuse me sir, I need armour made similar to this but more sturdy so that it can hold an enchantment."

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:10 am

The nearest forge that you find is in use by a rocky looking creature, obviously an earth elemental. It takes a red hot bar out of the furnace, sets it on its knee, and hammers it with its fist. It grunts when you approach and lumbers over to the counter. It grunts again and looks at you like it expects something.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Valor places his armour on the counter and takes out his gold pouch. "Ummm... How much would that cost?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:44 pm

The elemental lumbers lazily around the counter to you and tries to grab you. 

(Counts as a grapple, so you can escape artist or take an attack of opportunity and grapple resist if you miss and want to resist.)

AC: 18
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:11 am

Valor tries to escape his reach.  "Wow buddy what you trying to do?"

escape artist: +3 (19)

Last edited by Valor on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:11 am

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 16

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:29 am

Though you squirm, it gets its big hands around your body and lifts you up to the counter. Carved into the top of the counter is a large chart with items and prices (every weapon and armor from PHB I). Each square of the chart has common and a rune based language you don't recognize. It grunts, takes its finger, and pretends to point to various boxes. Then it looks at you again like it expects you to do something.

Its grapple: +17 (26)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:29 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 pm

If valor can wiggle a single arm free he points to the square that has masterwork chainmail written on it. "yes, that one. I want that one."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:34 pm

(After he set you on the counter, he let you go.)

The price for mwk chainmail is 300 gold. It nods its rocky head and lumbers behind the counter and pushes aside a heavy cloth acting as a door. Behind you see several smaller earth elementals about as tall as you bustling about carrying things. The bigger one grunts a few times and they all drop everything to come out. One carries a bundle of wire, one carries a crank looking instrument, and four of them have two sets of pliers each. They start making chainmail your size. The bigger elemental points to a square that says "3" and then to a square that says "hours."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 am

Valor nods his head and exits the shop. Then tries to find Aeryn to pass by the three hours.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:07 am

As you're walking about the market, Aeryn is also looking for you. "Hey! Check this out. Apparently my knife was made out of some rare metal. The guy who gave it to me said it was garbage. He said it was unusually light because the metal was porous and weak and it was dark blue because it was quenched in oil instead of water. Idiot was using it as a letter opener, but he never got any mail. Enchanter I just left it with said it was math rails or something. I hate math. Anyway, score one for Aeryn. Cha-ching! What've you been up to?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:37 am

Wow, that sure is lucky. I put in an order with a blacksmith for some stronger armor. At least that's what I think happened. He was some weird creature, and he didn't speak much. Just kind of grumbled and pointed at things. But apparently he'll make armor that's strong enough to hold enchantments. So anyway, what are you going to buy with all that gold?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:29 am

Aeryn holds his hand out for a high-five. "Better armor. That's going to help. That is strange. The enchanter I left my knife with had a bunch of like little glowing fairy assistants flying all over the place. Apparently it takes a while to enchant things, so I've gotta find something to do. Wanna go watch some fights in the arena while we wait?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:03 am

Valor delivers the high-five and begins walking toward the arena as soon as Aeryn finishes talking. "Oh Yandalla yes, it'll feel nice to be in the arena and not be in danger at the same time."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:36 am

Among 20+ fights over the course of 2 hours, three of them were especially interesting. Two men in a duel of honor over a woman's hand shoot at each other shot for shot with long bows. After 4 arrows each, one of them gets hit in the leg. His return fire misses. His opponent hits him in the gut. His return fire hits his opponent in the upper chest. His opponent can't draw his bow back after getting shot, so the first guy is declared the winner. Two knights of St. Cuthbert joust and knock each other off of their horses a few times before going at it with mace and shield. When they're finished, they clang their shields together and walk off together. The crowd boos them because neither of them won. A dwarf with an urgrosh and an orc with a double axe are up later. The orc charges across the arena at the dwarf, but the dwarf sets his urgrosh against the charge and impales the orc without getting hit by the axe. After a couple hours of watching fights, Aeryn stretches and starts to walk off. "I'm gonna check on my knife. Meet back at the halfling sector?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Valor waves goodbye as he walks out. "Alright, I'll see you later." Valor stays to watch a few more fights then goes to see if his armour is complete.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:09 am

When you make it to the elemental smithy, the big elemental moans as you walk up. The smaller elementals are finishing up the shirt. The big one whacks them on the head and grumbles. They work faster for a minute to connect the sides of the flat piece of mail to form a shirt and sleeves. When it's done, the smaller elementals scurry out taking their tools with them. The Large elemental presents the armor to you and holds out its hand.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Valor hands 300 gold over to the smithy and takes the armour. "Thank you, um.. sir." He quickly turns on his heel and walks out of the building asfast as he can and heads back to the halfling sector.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:29 am

The elemental eats a handful of gold.

Back in the sector, Aeryn is showing off how his knife glows to some of the halflings there.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 am

Valor joins in with the halfling staring at the knife. "OOOOOO, ooohhhhh, ahhhhhhh, shiney." He stares intensely at the knife with a joking smile on his face.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:31 am

"Heck yeah it is! Maybe I can use it to blind Chop Chop next time. Listen. It even makes a different noise." Aeryn takes a throwing rock out of his satchel and taps it on the knife. "The tone is richer, and it's a little lower. I wonder why it does that."
A teenaged halfling says, "Probably because it's glowing. The light probably messes with the sound somehow."

Aeryn shrugs. "I don't know, bud. Hey, Valor. Wanna get some training in?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Valor strikes a fighting stance. "Alright let's do it, I don't plan on losing to a goblin ever again." He continues to train with Aeryn for a few hours until food is served.

(unless something interesting happens)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:58 am

You train for three hours, dinner happens. Dinner is corned beef sliced into strips that can be eaten as a sandwich with swiss cheese and lettuce, or on its own. No speeches are made at dinner. There is dancing and music as per usual, and then bedtime happens. If you wanna roleplay anything, I'm game. Otherwise, you wake up the next morning like any other day and heal 3 hp.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20