The Journey Develops

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Valor picks up Aeryn and puts him on his back. He stares at the half orc for a brief second with a emotionless face then continues out of the arena with Aeryn on his back. "don't worry buddy I'll take care of you."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:27 pm

The orc huffs. "Suit yourself. Makes my job easier." When you get out the door to the underground portion, there is a very well dressed and overweight middle aged halfling lady wearing a large yet tasteful amount of gold jewelry adorned with various gems. As soon as you're within sight, she shouts in the equivalent of a mild yet charming southern accent and walks over to you with her arms thrown out like she's about to hug you, "Oh, my darlings! You looked better from the stands. You need to get yourselves over here at once. Did he make it?"
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Valor backs away from her a little as she approaches. It was obvious that she wanted to help. But right now wasn't the best time to be hugging strangers. "Yeah he's... Valor wanted to say that Aeryn was fine but didn't want to lie to himself. "He'll make it." He walks over to the closest bench and lays Aeryn down on it. "Who are you anyway?"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:03 pm

She sits on the bench next to Aeryn and gently touches his forehead. His eyes open and he gasps deeply. "What- woah! Who are you?" She clasps her hands "Oh, poor baby. You'll be just fine, honey, just stay lying down and take it easy. My name's Counselor Therella, and you two are the defeaters of the most reviled public figure of the halfling community. They'll probably have him healed up and ready to keep murdering us in a few days, but you got him. You got him in front of everybody! That's a big step for us in this city! How does it feel?" She excitedly holds out a hand to shake yours with a big smile.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Valor reaches out and shakes her hand. He gives a slightly nervous smile. "Umm.. It feels pretty good I guess, I didn't realize he was such a problem or that there was a big halfling community in this city. He looks down at Aeryn. "But I think we need to get him healed up first before we start talking about accomplishments."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:38 pm

When your hand touches hers, she clasps her other hand around yours in a firm handshake. Her eyes glow with a pale golden light, and all of your wounds heal. She looks back at Aeryn. "Oh, he's fine, aren't you?" "I am, actually. I feel great. Did we win?" "Yes. Yes you did, and it's very exciting! We do have a small halfling sector. Surely you've noticed how halflings are treated like we're actually worth half of a full sized person? Just today the crowd was cheering for that goblin for Yondalla's sake! It's unlikely that things will change around here soon, but Chop Chop's defeat will surely add some substance to the Halflings' political pot. Come on! I've got something to show you." She stand up and toddles off toward the entrance to the arena where there is a crowd of 30 or so halflings cheering for you two. Some of the gladiators shout at them to shut up and they quiet down. "Come on over here. You've got some admirers. Introduce yourselves! They gave us your names together and didn't tell us which is which." Aeryn raises his hand sheepishly and walks over, "I'm Aeryn. Thanks, everyone."

(Now that you've both survived, 675 XP)
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:14 am

(high level spell users never fail to amaze me)

Valor walks over to the crowd. And is silent for a moment before following Aeryn's lead. "I'm valor." He stares at the bright eyed halflings for a few more moments until he begins to feel awkward. He grabs Aeryn's arm and whispers to him. "Life hasn't prepared me for this situation what do we do?"

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:05 am

Aeryn looks equally clueless, "Dude, I don't know. I'm just following her. I was ready to fight again when she healed me." Therella looks at you two nervously. "Oooh. Don't get hurt in there to where I can't help you. I would just hate for us to lose you so soon. Mmh, gimme a hug before you go in." She hugs you both at the same time. Aeryn looks at you with a weird/confused/uncomfortable look on his face and pats her gently on the back. She mutters something and moves her hands behind your backs. "Go on then. Remember that we're all watching."

You feel blessed by Therella and get +1 on attack rolls and +2 on will saves against fear for the next fight.
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:18 am

Valor returns the look of confusion but accepts the hug. After she leaves Valor gives a big smile. "Well, I'm not so sure how I feel about being the hero's of halfling. Or being constantly watched. But I think this'll be nice." Valor goes over and sits down on a bench waiting for his next match to start.

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Aeryn smiles too. "Sounds like they've been without hope for a while. Maybe they need a hero or two." Aeryn sits down and waits beside you. After 20 minutes or so, "Alright halflings, you're up."

(If Faleen has been kicking butt in the arena and being a big hero this whole time, some of this may be subject to change.)
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 pm

(he would work from shadows. And probably wouldn't concern himself with the dealings of an arena)

Valor stands and heads for the arena. "Well I've never been a hero before. Lets try not to disappoint them."

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Aeryn stands up and follows you in. When you get inside, there are two cages along the walls of the other side with men in them. "Crime doesn't pay, ladies and gentlemen. That includes piracy. For our next match, we have two mutineers from the Governor's shipping company sentenced to trial by combat for your entertainment! Their Jury is the halflings who you just saw a few minutes ago defeat Chop Chop.  You all know the rules, if they win, they just might get to find employment elsewhere. If they lose... Well I'm sure we're about to find out. FIGHT!" The cages open and a mace and sword are thrown into the arena for the mutineers. They pick them up and stick together as they approach you and seem to be talking. Aeryn says, "We gotta split them up. I'll take the sword guy, you take the mace guy."

Mutineers Init: +3 (17)
Aeryn's init: +3 (19)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 16

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm

initiative: +3 (22)


Last edited by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Valor takes off charging the guy with the mace upon arriving at his location Valor kicks him in the knee cap.

attack: +6 (25)
damage: 1d3+3 (4)


Last edited by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:48 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'd3' : 1

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Aeryn charges forward also and attacks the sword mutineer with his dagger. He hits for 6 damage, and tries to grapple, but the mutineer pushes him away. The mutineers attack you both, but they both miss.

Aeryn's attack: +10 (20)
Damage if hit: (d3+3) (6)
Grapple if hit: +4 (12)
Sword Mutineer's grapple if hit: +4 (16)
Sword Mutineer's attack on his turn: +6 if not grappled, +2 if grappled. (14)
Damage if hit: (d6+3)
Mace mutineer's attack: +6 (9)
Damage if hit: (d6+3)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd3' : 3

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 8

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 12

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 8

--------------------------------

#6 'd6' : 2

--------------------------------

#7 'd20' : 3

--------------------------------

#8 'd6' : 5

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Valor dodges the attack and follows up with a roundhouse kick to the man's left kidney.

Attack: +6 (13)
damage: 1d3+3 (5)


Last edited by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 pm

The member 'Valor' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd3' : 2

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm

The mutineer sidesteps your kick. Aeryn stabs at the swordman again for 4 damage and pulls him into a grapple. The mutineers both swing their weapons. The swordsman stabs Aeryn through the chest for 7 damage and the maceman hits you in the side for 6 damage. "We're not gonna be slaves!" The maceman yells.

Aeryn's attack: +10 (27)
Damage if hit: (d3+3) (4)
Grapple if hit: +4 (14)
Sword Mutineer's grapple if hit: +4 (9)
Sword Mutineer's attack on his turn: +6 if not grappled, +2 if grappled. (threat)
Damage if hit: (d6+3) (7 or 14)
Mace mutineer's attack: +6 (14)
Damage if hit: (d6+3) (6)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:27 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd3' : 1

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 5

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#6 'd6' : 4

--------------------------------

#7 'd20' : 8

--------------------------------

#8 'd6' : 3

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Elliott the Undying on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:31 pm

Aeryn's grapple damage: (d4+3) (5)
Mutineer's crit confirmation: +2 (4)


Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Elliott the Undying
moderator

Posts : 974
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Valor on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:31 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd4' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 2

Valor
Admin

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2014-04-11
Age : 23

View user profile http://ddfreeroam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey Develops

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum